... individuals). Today, LAME is considered the best MP3 encoder at mid-high bitrates and at VBR, mostly thanks ... are still happening, probably making LAME the only MP3 encoder still being actively developed. ...
CDex 2.15CD Ripper or and CDDA utility
CDex can extract the data directly (digital) from an Audio CD, which is generally called a CD Ripper or a CDDA utility. The resulting audio file can be a plain WAV file (useful for making compilation audio CDs) or the ripped audio data can be compressed using an audio encoder.
CDex 2.15 details
|Author:||Albert L Faber|
|Released:||Feb 20, 2019|
|File size:||19.80 MB|
|Keywords:||cd ripper, mp3 encoder, cd extractor, ripper, cda, CD ex|
Windows 10 Blog
CDex for Windows 10 - Full description
CDex is a program to do all sorts of things audio related, like CD ripping or audio ripping.
Mainly focused on ripping and converting, things like turning your home Compact Disc collection into an mp3 collection on your hard drive become extremely easy. With built-in support for many encoders you won't find any shortage of options for your media files.
CDex can extract the data directly (digital) from an Audio CD, which is generally called a CD Ripper or a CDDA utility. The resulting audio file can be a plain WAV file (useful for making compilation audio CDs) or the ripped audio data can be compressed using an audio encoder. Many encoders are supported, to name a few:
* Lame MP3 encoder
* Internal MP2 encoder
* APE lossles audio format
* Ogg Vorbis encoder
* The Windows MP3 encoder (Fraunhofer MP3 encoder)
* NTT VQF encoder
* FAAC encoder
* Windows WMA8 encoder
In addition, WAV files on the hard drive can be converted to a Compressed Audio File (and visa versa). CDex also supports many audio file tag formats like the ID3V1 and ID3V2 tags, which can be automatically inserted as part of the ripping process.
* Direct recording of multiple tracks
* Read / store album information from/to the cdplayer.ini file
* Read / store album information from/to a local and/or remote CD Database (CDDB)
* Support CD-Text (if your CD-drive supports it)
* Advanced jitter correction (based on the cd-paranoia ripping library)
* Indicates track progress and jitter control
* Normalization of audio signal
* Supports many CD-Drive from many manufacters
* Conversion of external WAV files
* Support for M3U and PLS play list files
* Best of all, it's free (GPL license, source code available)
* Serveral languages are supported