Retroshare for Windows 0.6.5RetroShare: secure communications with friend
RetroShare: secure communications with friends. RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, private and secure decentralised communication platform. It lets you to securely chat and share files with your friends and family, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all communication.
RetroShare provides filesharing, chat, messages, forums and channels
Retroshare for Windows 0.6.5 details
|Released:||Feb 11, 2019|
|File size:||23.30 MB|
|Keywords:||share file, peer to peer, P2P client, share, P2P, download|
Windows 10 Blog
- The autumn version of Windows 10 is available for everyone through Windows Update
- Microsoft is going to make changes to Windows 10. New features will be independent of the system version
- Windows 10 gives users more control over optional updates
- Windows 7 has the last month of its life. What this means for users
- Recent Windows 10 updates may have caused a number of problems. Microsoft has released a cumulative fix
Retroshare for Windows for Windows 10 - Full description
RetroShare: secure communications with friends
RetroShare is a Open Source cross-platform, private and secure decentralised communication platform. It lets you to securely chat and share files with your friends and family, using a web-of-trust to authenticate peers and OpenSSL to encrypt all communication.
RetroShare provides filesharing, chat, messages, forums and channels.
* Serverless, encrypted Chat & Filetransfer
* Multiple simultaneous downloads / uploads
* Search Friends
* UPnP / NAT-PMP port forwarding support
* GnuPG Authentication
* OpenSSL Encryption
* Plugins support
* Graphical User Interface written with Qt4 toolkit
* System tray integration
What is RetroShare?
RetroShare is the next generation sharing network, which provides:
* Reliable Identification and Authentication of your friends.
* Plus an Introduction Scheme which connects you to the friends of your friends, and facilitates network growth.
* Encrypted Communication, ensuring all shared information is known only to you and your peers.
* A Communication Platform which can potentially support services such as Secure Email, File Sharing, Streaming, Video or Voice over IP, Photos, Wall and Messaging
* A Decentralised Social Sharing Network designed **For the People** with no dependancies on any corporate system or central servers.
Why use RetroShare:
* You want to chat and share files securely with your friends
* Only your friends will be able to see and download files that you share.
* RetroShare is serverless, which means - unlike other messengers, you don't* need to register, complete annoying registration forms and receive tons of ads. Sending a key to your friend by e-mail is enough to set up your own IM network. This also means no IM spam, because people you didn't invite absolutely cannot connect.
* You can also use your favorite nick name either: no need to use cryptic names like "email" just because someone (whom you don't even know) snapped your favorite nick before you.
* RetroShare is encrypted, meaning high privacy: nobody, including your
ISP, can see what files you're sharing.
* You need secure instant messaging and files exchange for a small workgroup.
* You need to chat securely and exchange files with other colleagues at work, but do not trust your data to a public chat network like Live or Google Chat ? Don't want a hassle of installing and maintaining your own chat server either ? Use RetroShare instead:
* RetroShare is serverless , which means that no server, ever, gets to see your data. Any IM server, no matter how secure, poses a risk of data leak because of hacker's attack. Retroshare completely eliminates this security risk associated with the IM server, without any added costs.
* RetroShare encrypts all connections, which means every bit of data is encrypted end-to-end. Unlike other products using self-made weak encryption, RetroShare uses a special version of industry standard Openssl library, trusted by banks and other organizations.
* Absolutely no vendor lock-in: you own your RetroShare network. There is no 3rd party vendor whom you have to pay, or who may go out of business and force you to migrate to another product.